Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Man on a Unicycle

I've been busy as anything these past couple weeks. Art, writing, and general creation has gone on, but so has work, organization and exercise. It's left very little time for posts to be made on my blog, but it's left a satisfying feeling in my chest.

One such time-consuming event was this past Sunday evening. I attended my first friend's-birthday-party at, of all things, a Hawaiian-themed resaurant. The food was expensive, but I managed to get by on a delicious goat cheese and beet salad and some noodles. Not the best fare I've had, but everyone seemed satisfied with their choices.

In any case, as I explained the to the birthday girl, one of the pitfalls of having a cheap and artistically-inclined friend is that you get drawings for as gifts. Fortunately, she insisted that she loved hand-made gifts. Unfortunately, she had earlier revealed to me her love of men who rode unicycles. This resulted.



She's threatened to hang it in her house. I can only pray she was joking.

No comments: