Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Resurrection

So, despite the massive amount of NOTHING that's been going on here at the blog lately, I have been drawing. A little. Avatar art for Gaia has become less than stimulating, so while I have some of that to post, my more recent art has been geared towards some of my own characters--mostly from games I've been playing.

The plan is to give you a bit of a teaser to start, then deposit a massive post or two over the next couple of days.

I've been recently overcome by the desire to try out Dungeon Mastering. I have several new friends who want to give DnD a try, but are beginners and aren't quite sure where to start--on the other hand, another friend and I have never tried DMing, but think it could be lots of fun. So we're going to co-DM a beginner's campaign. As inspiration, the fiance suggested that I try out the game 'Legends of Grimrock'. In the first few minutes of the opening cutscene, my mind was swimming. Unfortunately, less with plans for a dungeon-crawl and more with a developing fantasy of the characters I'd assembled to tackle Grimrock. I started immediately recreating one of the opening scenes.


As you can see, it isn't finished yet, but the plan is to complete it at a later date. Tomorrow morning marks the first brainstorm behind my DM project! Wish me luck!

No comments: